- This event has passed.
Wold Bank Fragility Forum 2020 – Pathways out of conflict in borderlands (Part 1)
10 August 2020
Watch part two of this event with Drugs & (dis)order’s Jonathan Goodhand, SOAS University of London and guest experts Marina Caparini, Stockholm International Peach Research Institute, Alexandre Marc, Brookings Institution and Paul Quinn, Christian Aid.
Drugs & (dis)oder shares research on the dilemmas and trade-offs involved in transforming illicit drug economies into peace economies in Afghanistan, Colombia and Myanmar. Including:
- Jasmine Bhatia, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Development Studies, SOAS University of London
- Orzala Nemat, Lead, Afghanistan Research and Evaluation Unit (AREU)
- Francisco Gutiérrez Sanín, Professor, Instituto de Estudios Políticos y Relaciones Internacionales, Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Patrick Meehan, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Development Studies, SOAS University of London
- Karen Brock, Policy engagement and research uptake coordinator, Department of Development Studies, SOAS University of London (Moderator)
This event was organised by Drugs & (dis)order partners Christian Aid and SOAS University of London and was part of the World Bank Fragility Forum Virtual Series 2020.